Workshop Receptionist based at Heathrow Airport needed ASAP
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 per annum
Location: Heathrow Airport
Hours: 12 Hour Shifts, four days on and four days off, 7:00am - 19:00pm
Main purpose of role:
To be the first point of contact for all Workshop activities such as vehicle arrivals and dispatch. Liaison with the GSE Support Centre (SC) and ensure the appropriate IT systems are updated to reflect job status and work allocation. The role will necessitate a high level of communication with Workshop Manager, as well as internal and external contacts.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Be the first point of contact for Workshops (telephone and visitor), providing a professional reception service to all customers and stakeholders.
- To receive and dispatch all vehicles onto/ from site ensuring all relevant documentation is completed and update Tranman accordingly and promptly.
- Liaise with Workshop Manager (or deputy) regarding progress chasing and updates and ensure Tranman systems / job cards are updated accordingly and promptly. (Manage T cards or other resource management process in place)
- Liaise with Logistics dispatchers and Support Centre on equipment movements to and from site, completing yard check twice daily
- Responsibility for promptly updating job cards and ensuring correct labour allocation and times including alert setting.
- Ensure job cards are entered and completed on Tranman within 72hrs
- Manage transactional performance statistics.
- Liaise with clients and GSE Support Centre as and when required basis.
- Carry out TMS function related activities when required i.e. inputting overtime data, annual leave/sickness
- Compile reports and update TMS as and when required.
- Implement and monitor office, departmental H & S and Quality compliance requirements.
- Be an active member of the Operations Team and participate in business wide issues and the development of operational strategy.
- Manage the arrival of all visitors onto site including Contractors and Suppliers and ensure that all H&S requirements are satisfied.
- Ensure that customer service delivery is maintained at the optimum level.
- Undertake general administration duties such as: updating notice boards, faxing, filing etc. Carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the Workshop Management Team.
- Protect the information assets of the Company and comply with the Company's Information Assurance policies and procedures.
- Comply and contribute to the effective implementation of ISO business standards, Client's Group and internal business processes and policies.
- Manage reception department, including displays, literature, TV screens and ensuring area is kept tidy and presentable at all times.
- Provide assistance with the raising and updating of Purchase Orders
- Credibility and influencing skills amongst peers, management and supplier groups
- Ability to network and build effective relationships
- Working effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Identifying and driving successful maintenance control changes
- The ability to deliver administrative support to a group of colleagues within a busy environment
- Good knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office packages - Word/Excel/Powerpoint
- Customer Service background and knowledge ideally gained in a fast moving environment.
- Good standard of secondary education
- Be eligible to obtain valid Airside pass
If you are interested and would like to apply for the position please contact