An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our global FMCG client, the powerhouse behind brands such as Sure, Rexona & Lynx have an opening for a Senior Pensions Administrator, to be based at their UK HQ in Leatherhead, Surrey. This is a temporary role for 12 months working Monday to Friday paying up to £39500 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
Unilever UK Pensions (UUKP) administers the £7 billion Unilever UK Pension Fund (UUKPF) on behalf of the Trustees and the Company, together with the smaller UNIAC Pension Fund. Day to day administration is outsourced to a specialist third party administrator, Capita, with some specialist administration provided in-house by UUKP. UUKP also manages external advisers for the Trustees, and itself provides specialist pensions services to the Trustees and the Company.
Main job purpose
The main focus of the role is on administration of the pension arrangements for senior executives in the UK business. This will include:
- Administration of pension fund members, including pro-active monitoring against annual allowance and lifetime allowance.
- Production of correspondence to members including e mail contact.
- Administration of UK International Assignees.
- Assisting in the preparation of membership statistics (for Trustee reporting).
- Assisting in management of DC contributions with Fidelity and disinvesting monthly adjustments and dealing with Pension Finance queries * Discussing retirement options with members * On some occasions, visiting Unilever sites to assist in presentations regarding the Pension Fund and meeting members to discuss individual retirement options.
- Preparing quarterly contribution schedules to collect contributions due from overseas countries in respect of International Assignees
A key function of the role is to ensure smooth service delivery to members and other stakeholders from the Fund's outsourced service providers. This includes:
- Managing and monitoring information flows between service providers, with mediation between providers where necessary.
- Proactively owning member queries and resolving issues between service providers.
- Managing individual member change processes with service providers to ensure that the change is implemented successfully and delivering expected results.
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications:
- Three to five years experience in a senior pensions administrator role with preferably some experience of service delivery and projects delivery.
- Detailed knowledge of UK pensions legislation and best practice - including in-depth knowledge of the annual allowance and lifetime allowance.
- Experience of, or ability to understand, complex benefit structures.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately to a wide variety of stakeholders using different channels as appropriate.
- Ability to manage a large and varied work load, prioritising appropriately.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- An attention to detail is very important.
- The ability to confidently use IT systems, particularly Microsoft Office tools.
- Preferably qualified to degree level.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to deliver effectively and on time