An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our client Leading Global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum are currently looking for a Legal Secretary based at their prestigious facility in Colworth. This is a full-time temporary role for a period of 12 months, working a 37.5-hour week. This role is paying between £28,300 and £32,420 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
Business Context and main purpose of the role
The Safety & Environmental Assurance Centre (SEAC) is a Unilever Capability housed in R&D. SEAC scientists provide authoritative leadership in safety (Consumer, Occupational & Environmental) and environmental Sustainability for risk/impact-based decision making to help drive their sustainable growth ambitions. SEAC's Programme and Operations team manages the contracting and outsourcing of work to all 3rd party suppliers and external partners used by SEAC to generate data for risk and impact assessments and also runs the key internal operations which support delivery of the internal work programme, including the Quality System (run to GLP) which support SEAC experimental work.
The Job Holder will work as part of the team to facilitate the smooth delivery of SEAC Programme and ensuring governance are met throughout the ways of working, particularly in the setting up of new contracts with partners and suppliers as well as ensuring delivery of the outsourced work from start to finish, liaising with scientists in SEAC, external partners as well as with legal and procurement teams, all the while making sure that relevant documentation is kept up to date and in one place.
- As part of a team engages with a range of external partners and third-party supplier such as Contract Research Organisations (CRO's), academia, suppliers to deliver the outsourced work on behalf of SEAC, ensuring governance throughout the process and make sure Business deadlines are met.
- Provides guidance to Project Leaders/Scientist on aspects of outsourcing and is expected to be able to manage a number of outsourced pieces of work at any one time, handle changing deadlines and be able to "think on their feet" when unexpected problems arise and be flexible, accurate, able to use tact and diplomacy skills when dealing with members of SEAC & external partners.
- Responsible for advising on appropriate partners, costs, timescales and available resource. Arranging approval visits to CROs/external partners and ensuring approval paperwork is in place, once partner has been approved.
- Responsible for ensuring the appropriate Contracts are in place for CROs/external partner based on a good understanding of what is required for the work, governance and the business need.
- As part of their governance responsibilities, ensures the tracking all outsourced work to ensure all aspects of the work runs smoothly to avoid miss deadlines, delays and missed market opportunities. This includes ensuring quotes are authorised and purchase requisitions are raised, and payments are authorised when work is conducted to ensure that SEAC budget is met.
- Provide support for SEAC programme and project teams, including processing SEAC internal experimental studies, ensuring the work they do meet SEAC's Quality Standards.
Critical Success Factors for the Role
- Contract and legal experience is preferable.
- Experience of working in an administrative team, with specific experience in setting up and managing contracts.
- Strong and effective influencing and communication skills to a variety of audience (stakeholders, external partners, scientist and project leaders and peers).
- Good attention to detail and concern for rigour and order is essential.
- Creativity in devising & offering credible solutions to identified problems.
- Must be able to work on own initiative, be self-motivated, flexible, proactive and be able to prioritise
- Essential to be able to work as part of a team.
- Good time management.
- Qualified to A level or equivalent (minimum C in English and Maths GCSE).
- Agility - Passion for High performance
- Purpose & Service - Business Acumen
- Personal Mastery - Talent Catalyst