- You will lead, supervise and support warehouse assistants with individual development, training, motivation, and adoption of best practice through a "leading by example" approach.
- You will also work with the wider management, in particular the Operations Management team, to ensure all operational daily tasks are covered and are completed in a timely manner
- Use KPI's to target areas for improvement and over time introducing new KPIs that will become important to managing the warehouse activity and its productivity
- Conduct all aspects of day to day team management including monthly 1-2-1s, weekly team meetings, monitoring sickness and absence and driving continuous improvement and best practice within the team.
- Maintain team compliance with all Quality requirements. You will be accountable for keeping Work Instructions (WI) up to date and ensure that Warehouse Assistants are working in the manner as described in the WI
- Ensure the highest standard of housekeeping within the warehouse - this includes tidy desk policy and ensuring preparations for the following day have been made
- Fully comply with all Health and Safety requirements and ensure that all training and inductions are completed on time for the Warehouse Assistants
- Ensure all equipment is used in a safe manner and by authorised personnel only
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as may be required by management from time to time
- You will have the ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Positive and self confident approach as a team leader to direct, guide and positively influence your team
- The ability to use own initiative and have a willingness to embrace change and offer suggestions for improvements
- You will have previous experience within a similar role
- Experience of managing a team
- Experience of working with different ERP systems with SAP and Sage 200 as advantage
- Experience with barcoding, integrated Warehouse Management systems
- Experience of continuous improvement also beneficial
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.