Our client within public sector is looking for an experienced Interim Surveyor to join their team based in Sutton. The role is offered on a 3 months contract basis paying Â£38.83/hour (umbrella rate/inside IR35)
The Surveyor will provide valuation and estates consultancy services for residential, commercial and operational property and development schemes, as directed by the Investment and Development Manager or Estates and Valuation Manager.
- Deliver complex service activities and manage caseloads to ensure intended outcomes for
- customers and the Council are delivered within agreed service standards.
- Liaise with customers to review service requirements and resolve problems.
- Lead on the development of specific policies and procedures
- Keep up to date with changes in relevant policy and legislation
- Monitor internal cost centres required for the team and individual work areas or client budgets
- for capital or revenue purposes
- Establish and manage budgets for external provision of consultancy, agency and services.
- Monitor rent arrears and provide estate management input to recovery processes.
- Manage the operation of service charges in accordance with contract, statute and Council
- policy and requirements.
- Provide professional valuation and estates management services as necessary for operational, portfolio and surplus property, but not limited to lease renewals, rent reviews,marketing grant of leases and tenancies, freehold or leasehold disposals, non-domestic rating, asset valuation, fire insurance, development, planning applications and policy, acquisition including compulsory purchase, statutory transfers including Right to Buy, compensation and adverse possession.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- MRICS or FRICS qualified in commercial property, valuation or residential property with
- relevant post qualification experience as a Surveyor
- Comprehensive knowledge of legal and guidance framework relevant to the post
- Good understanding of local government and the issues facing local authorities
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage, lead, supervise, guide and motivate staff
- Ability to prepare accurate valuations, reports and briefings to deadlines
- Knowledge of project management and ability to operate as part of a project team or lead small projects
- IT skills in office and relevant specialist software
- Flexibility to work part-time if required, would need to be discussed at interview stage
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy