Manpower is currently looking for a number of Support Brokers / Administrators for a 6 month role to start ASAP paying £10.14 - £11.64ph. You will be working remotely but may be required to travel to an office to work on occasion. The offices are at Worthing, Bognor Regis or Horsham
Working as part of an Area Operations team in Adult Services. Support Brokerage is a term that describes the combination of support planning, brokerage and purchasing to form a discreet function. This delivers the assistance that people need to work out what their choices are in setting up the support required to meet their assessed needs and outcomes.
Support Brokers will work in partnership with customers and their families/carers to identify and deliver the services and opportunities needed, to agree and implement their choices in meeting their eligible needs and assessed outcomes. Giving proportionate support to customers to increase their choice and control in meeting their assessed outcomes in the way they choose to do so is a central key focus.
This may include residential and respite/short stay placements, non-residential services and supports and assisting with planning for Carers.
- Establish the level and type of support needed by the customer in the planning process and encourage and support self-determination and independence wherever possible.
- Provide an efficient and effective, customer focused advisory service to a range of audiences to support and promote customer choice and control in the support planning process. To lead the planning process and ensure customers' choices are explored and supported within a framework of risk management.
- Be responsible for the production of a costed support plan to reflect how the customers assessed needs and outcomes will be met and to ensure best value and effective management of the customer's personal budget. To make purchasing arrangements where required for the services agreed and to ensure the effective and timely implementation of the services and support as agreed with the customer.
- To participate in the monitoring of the support plan leading up to the initial review, working in conjunction with the customer, family/carer, provider and Social Worker/ACM. This may include making adjustments to the support plan where it does not change the outcomes required or amount of Personal Budget allocated. During the period leading up to initial review the support broker will work closely with the SW/ACM to ensure safe, appropriate and effective implementation of the customers assessed needs.
- The Support Broker will participate within the initial review usually by submission of required information and on occasions in person. Following initial review and finalisation of the support plan any further customer contact will be screened via the AS Specialist Helpdesk in the first instance but may then be picked up by the Support Brokerage team.
Skills / Experience:
- Relevant advanced theoretical or organisational knowledge of systems, procedures and policies in an appropriate specialism.
- Comprehensive organisational knowledge, understanding wider corporate strategies and work of related organisations i.e. parish, district and borough authorities.
- Sound and accurate IT knowledge e.g. Microsoft Office, in order to produce written reports.
- NVQ level 3 in a relevant subject or equivalent qualification or experience, demonstrating the same level of applied knowledge in researching, analysing and evaluating arguments and information.
- Significant experience of working within a related discipline.
- Experience of monitoring costs effectively.
- Experience of working in partnership with external bodies, volunteers or agencies.
- Demonstrable experience of managing initiatives and effectively managing resources to deliver those initiatives, as well as an understanding of project management/control techniques.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV for review.