Supply Chain Operative
As a professional Supply Chain Operative, you will be responsible for the management of multi million pounds worth of communications equipment, equipment that directly supports the Royals Signals’ ability to deploy on operations worldwide. On operations, it will be your responsibility maintain stock, track equipment orders and to ensure the right equipment is in the right place to support commanders on the battlefield.
Your training is first rate and will qualify in Supply Chain Operations, Logistic Operations and Warehouse Operations, achieving levels of qualifications that match civilian industry. You will be given the opportunity to achieve master’s degree level qualifications in Logistic Operations and Management and recognition with professional industry bodies. As a Supply Chain Operative in the Royal Signals you will enjoy a diverse and rewarding career, it will provide you with first rate qualifications and potential to reach Warrant Officer Class1, the highest soldier rank in the Army.
Find where you belong.
If you want to be a Supply Chain Operative, you'll start with your initial military training which will teach you how to be a soldier - this will cover everything from fieldcraft to how to handle a rifle. If you join as a Junior Soldier (under 17 years 5 months), you’ll do a 23-week basic military training course at Harrogate. If you join as a Regular Soldier (over 17 years 1 month), you’ll do the regular 14-week adult basic training.
You will spend 4 weeks learning what it is to be a Royals Signals Soldier, from then you will study to be a supply operative, this will take place at the Royals School of Signals in Blandford Forum. You will be trained in supply chain operations, warehouse operation and logistic operations and be enrolled on a civilian accredited apprenticeship. You will be trained to manage equipment both in barracks and when deployed on operations and be trained to operate forklift trucks – for free. Your trade training is recognised by industry and you will be able to gain professional recognition and accreditation with a professional industry organisation.
The Army can help you gain a range of qualifications. These could include:
- Driving Licences: B+E, C+E, Minibus, Forklift
- Apprenticeship in Supply Chain Operations (Level 2)
- Advanced apprenticeship in Logistics Operator or Warehousing (Level 3)
- Foundation Modern Apprenticeship (FMA)
- NVQ Level 2 in IT
- Level 1 functional skills in Maths, English and IT
- Professional registration with CILT (UK)
- Level 3, 5, 6 Management & Leadership
- Level 4 FdSc Logistic Management with Lincoln University
- Level 5 BSc Logistic Management with Lincoln University
- Level 6 Msc Logistic Management with Swansea University
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be with you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. From the moment you begin your training you'll get all the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you'll soon get promoted, which means more responsibility and extra pay.
Become a Supply Chain Operative and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £16,844 during Basic Training which will rise to £21,424 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS.
You should be:
- Regular Army age: 16.6 – 35.6 years
- Army Reserve age:
New enlistments: 17.9 – 43 years
Ex-Regular: 17.9 – 52 years
Specialist (Soldier): 17.9 – 50 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
No formal qualifications required
Our next deadline for application is 31st March 2023, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG.