Job Profile SummaryAbout the role :
We are looking for an exceptional individual with a focus on business and customer solutions and experience for the T&S I&E compliance and operational excellence (C&OE) team.
Here in the team it's our objective and purpose to work closely with the business to design, build or seek out, operate and continually improve and transform solutions. These solutions derive or support competitive advantage and commercial differentiation from the use of technology in our trading activity monitoring and operational risk reduction.
You will be responsible for the full software development life-cycle environment participating in requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of these solutions. Own the work across the proactive proposal of agile enhancements, ensure our ways-of-working are aligned to the business and efficiently delivering required business value, our tools and technology are the best fit-for-purpose they can be. You should be able to design and develop applications that meet the business needs while keeping in line with the broader I&E strategy of the group for the next generation of trading compliance. Solutions should provide innovative and intuitive software by automating manual activity or providing a differentiated user experience.
The solutions run by the team leverage big data, analyzing billions of transactions, providing real time trade monitoring, ensuring compliance with various external regulatory requirements though to managing operational risk across our regulated entities.
The candidate will possess the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a fast-paced, distributed, agile environment.
The team objective is to implement and maintain solutions and services for the stakeholders located in Singapore, London, Houston and Chicago.
Job AdvertEssential Experience & Requirements :
• Commodities trade lifecycle knowledge.
• Strong business partner management experience.
• Agile project management experience (formal qualification not essential).
• Agile business analysis skills.
• Effective and clear communicator, ability to lead and work well with the team, high self-motivation and strong delivery focus.
• Experience with full end-to-end project development lifecycle and change / release management to operations.
• Application of best practices to ensure quality and accuracy of project deliverables.
• Experience with unit testing frameworks.
• Worked and flourished in an Agile environment, with extensive knowledge of Agile methodology (SCRUM) and Continuous Delivery.
• Outstanding Microsoft development skills
• Superb communication skills - the role includes working directly with end users to solicit requirements and feedback
• Experience of Agile SDLCs, particularly Scrum
• Experience working in a team and positive collaboration to achieve a shared goal
• Solid understanding of programming paradigms such as distributed architectures and multi-threaded program design.
• Embraces a culture of change and agility. Adapts to our changing world, with a focus on mindset and culture over process.
• Effective team player who looks beyond own area / organisational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others and works across cultural boundaries with sensitivity.
• Self-aware and actively seeks input from others on impact and effectiveness.
• Applies judgment and common sense - uses insight and good judgement to enable commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions, responding to situations as they arise.
• Strong firsthand experience
• Strong knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional database architectures
• Strong business knowledge in finance and oil (energy trading)
• Very strong user interface / user experience design skills, including UI/X design principles, human-computer interaction paradigms, usability guidelines, layout, navigation and design
• Management of a technical team, overseeing scrum and agile methods to deliver useable code in a DevOps CI/CD manner working against a backlog
• Leading a team focused responsible for resource development, managing daily activities, developing and monitoring standards and establishing team priorities.
• Act as primary interface to the product and portfolio owners across T&S as a technical and functional SME.
• Compliance and / or Regulatory applications in global financial environments
• T&S experience
• Compliance or analytics product knowledge
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at out company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race , religion, color , national origin , gender , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Flexible working options will be considered.
EntityInnovation & Engineering
Job Family GroupIT&S Group
About BPINNOVATION & ENGINEERING
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working with us, you can do this by:
• deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
• driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
• collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
• originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
• protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because together we are:
• Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
• Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs
• Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive