Job Profile SummaryOwning several of bp’s learning solutions, how would you like to ensure delivery of an innovative and efficient service for our people along with delivery of technical solutions?
The role is also tasked with building positive relationships across the bp Talent team (specifically across Future Skills & Learning, Safety & Operational Learning and Leadership & Potential teams) as well as colleagues in the Services and Solutions team.
The Solutions Lead will apply their technical expertise (both process and technology) to deliver stable operations alongside delivery of projects and ongoing innovation.
This role sits within Services & Solutions (S+S) which is an internal global shared services organisation, responsible for delivering centralised and standardised HR services for bp from a number of geographical delivery centres as appropriate for bp’s footprint. Services & Solutions are the first point of contact for HR related matters; the team are policy and process specialists, dedicated to delivering the best customer experience.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Ownership and management of part of the core Learning Management System (LMS) - maintaining its health and operational integrity along with solution design
- Work with configuration teams to ensure solution design is translated into tangible operation
- Guarantee alignment with regulatory requirements and business needs, for example data privacy and digital security requirements
- As a product owner, planning and carrying out substantial aspects of change and managing of risk
- Working closely with s+s colleagues to ensure solutions / products co-exist seamlessly (e.g. integrations to Workday)
- Hold a strong connection with business colleagues, to understand priorities and act to plan accordingly to lead priority backlog
Technically, you will be able to:
- Refer to your solid level of digital proficiency and ability to work with technology teams to implement high-quality digital products and solutions
- Show a solid understanding of learning technologies
- Demonstrate experience of designing and configuring business processes across various HR SaaS applications
- Show your experience of translating business requirements into functional designs and progress to working systems
- Exhibit strong security and data privacy practices and understand associated risks
- Talk to your strong problem solving, issue identification and analytical skills – curiosity to get to the root cause and continuously learn
You will have the business capability to:
- Ensure all decisions are clearly aligned to end user and/or the bp strategy
- Show a track record of successfully evaluating alternative concepts while holding a view on improving business engagement and positively reinventing, where necessary
- Show your prior ability to engage with and influence key business partners to understand their needs
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and ability to effectively connect with colleagues within a global business
- Interact with functional and technical colleagues along with system users
- Showcase your business analysis skills including planning, requirements definition and documentation, test planning and deployment approaches
- Prioritize activities and execute tasks independently, providing timely follow-up and resolution
You will be able to demonstrate to your leadership abilities by:
- Referring to your experience of succeeding in complex and changing environments, including ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and handle daily planned and unplanned operational activities
- Speaking to examples of collaboratively working with others whom you have no direct authority over
- Previous examples of effective communication and a flexible style which is able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Referring to your strong influencing skills - able to gain acceptance to ideas from senior colleagues and comfortable in the space of challenge and difficult conversations
- Your prior instances where you have applied judgement and common sense at scale and you will be able to demonstrates a global understanding of the wider bp business and how this may impact your direction
- Degree or professional qualification in a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience with learning systems, business analysis, process development / documentation and supporting learning professionals
- Experience of relevant configuration and / or process support (Cornerstone Learning Management System)
- Solid understanding of HR guidelines and standard methodologies
- Adept at working on multiple concurrent projects with nominal supervision
In addition, it would be advantageous if you have:
- Project management experience using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience working within a global organisation, including using social media style tools to support communications and engagement across time zones
At bp, we provide great environment & benefits such as an inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, learning and development opportunities, life & health insurance, medical care package, and many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job. Application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.
EntityPeople & Culture
Job Family GroupHR Group
Travel requiredYes - up to 10%
Time TypeFull time
About BPPEOPLE & CULTURE
People & culture discovers, empowers and cares for brilliant people, and so can you. Together, we can build and enable our culture, emotionally connected leaders and dynamic teams – and help our company achieve its purpose for people and our planet.
Join us and work closely with our business by:
• always putting our people first, understanding and responding to their needs, supporting their health, wellbeing and recognising them for great work
• hiring and developing talented people and empowering them to progress
• enabling an inclusive and agile culture, where our teams thrive and add value
• developing emotionally connected leaders who continuously learn, put others first and enable everyone to be at their best
• creating energising workplaces that enable collaboration and innovation.