bp is moving through the biggest transitions in its 100+ year history, be part of something special. bp has some of the most talented experts in the industry, we are underpinned by strong values and ethos. It's genuinely a fun environment to work in with a great balance adapted to your lifestyle and individual working style... Digital Science & Engineering is a cross-functional team involved in all phases of our application and service release lifecycle. Embracing and promoting the DevOps & SRE methodologies. Software Engineers are responsible for developing applications and leveraging the strategic tools and platforms to maximize business competitive advantage. In this role, you will have the opportunity to apply your technical skills in software development, platform engineering and automation. To promote best practice and support the broader organization by implementing the guide rails to operate safely. This role will help build maturity and forge greater adoption of Agile delivery across BP. What you will do for us...
- Contributes and collaborates to assist designs, implements, maintains reliable and scalable server-side software.
- Is hands-on and actively contributes to code.
- Adheres to and advocates for software engineering best practices (e.g. technical design, technical design review, unit testing, monitoring & alerting, checking in code, code review, documentation),
- Responsible for deploying secure and well-tested software that meets privacy and compliance requirements; Consumes approved DevSecOps enabled CI/CD pipelines.
- Adheres to agile methodology and operates and builds DevOps maturity. Ensuring delivery of business incremental change safely and reliably.
- Actively contributes to building DevOps maturity, incrementally and measurably improving delivery velocity.
- Mentors others.
- Broad experience designing, planning, implementing, maintaining, and documenting solutions.
- Depth of experience to recommend appropriate platforms for any given business requirements.
- Development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C/C++)
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience in areas such as data structures, database table design, algorithm design, runtime complexity, system architecture (scalable, reliable, redundant design), API design, security and privacy best practices, at scale monitoring, logging & alerting, testing best practices.
- Strong communication skills and ability to talk at all levels across the organization. Ability to engage and influence is of paramount importance. Able to decompose technical considerations that everyone can understand is key. and stakeholder management and ability to lead organizations through influence
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset (for themselves and others)
- Degree/HND Level in computer science or related subject
- No prior experience in the energy industry required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Flexible working options will be considered.#digitalengineering
- Complete tasks quickly and thoroughly owns issues and is highly dependable.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, high growth environment. Exhibits ownership of projects and tasks assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills required to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment
- Strong team player with a customer service orientation with the ability to forge relationships at all levels of the company and across diverse cultures.
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Ethical, honest, fair and of high integrity
EntityInnovation & Engineering
Job Family GroupIT&S Group
Travel requiredNegligible travel
CountryUnited Kingdom, United States of America
About BPINNOVATION & ENGINEERING
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working with us, you can do this by:
• deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
• driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
• collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
• originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
• protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because together we are:
• Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
• Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs
• Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive