Please note that due to the defence aspect of this role only UK nationals (non dual nationals) who can gain secrurity clearance are eligble.
Remote working. Outside IR35.
This Software Assurance Engineer will join the CS&S Design Assurance team who report directly to the Director of CS&S and the Head of the Programme. The purpose of this team to provide independent assessment of the design being developed by the Combat Systems team. The Design Assurance team has overall responsibility for product safety and compliance.
This role is to provide Software Assurance to the Combat System that is currently in the development phase with the main purpose of the role being to:
- Provide an independent challenge,
- Provide expertise independent of the project,
- Identify major risks.
The Software Assurance engineer will confirm, by an independent review that the software meet the software requirements. The main activities that are required to be completed include but are not limited to:
- Completing independent Software Lifecycle Maturity Assessments
- Check for compliance to the Software development processes either in-house or by suppliers.
- Provide independent oversight of Software risks for our products and those of our suppliers.
- Providing guidance to the Software development teams.
- Supporting the Software Engineering teams by performing root cause analysis and recommend preventative processes and actions.
- Software Assurance Engineer with +15 years experience of working on complex Marine, Aerospace or Defence systems. Experience of working on Submarine combat systems would be advantageous.
- Detailed knowledge of high integrity software development requirements and processes such DO-178, IEC 61508.
- The candidate shall have a demonstrated track record of performing independent assessment of software assurance activities.
- Knowledge of Team Centre and other PLM systems advantageous.
- Robust knowledge of the quality requirements of ISO9001 or AS9100.
- Strong communicator
- Ability to take an agile approach to engaging in new workflows and activities.
- Demonstrated experience in a customer facing engineering role.
- Candidates should have a Degree / HND or equivalent in Systems Engineering or an associated discipline.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law. Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers. By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/ or Modis Europe Ltd. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement which explains how we will use your information is available on the Modis website.