Centrica is an international energy and services company focused on satisfying the changing needs of our customers. Our business is founded on a 200-year heritage of serving people. We supply energy and services to over 25 million customer accounts mainly in the UK, Ireland and North America through strong brands such as British Gas, supported by around 15,000 engineers and technicians. Technology is increasingly important in delivering energy and services to our customers. We aim to be a trusted corporate citizen and an employer of choice.
This role is part of an essential operation to process ECO obligation work on behalf of British Gas for Ofgem, in line with regulatory requirements.
British Gas is the largest UK energy and home services company. It supplies gas and electricity, boilers and boiler cover as well as other home services. Operating in a highly regulated industry it employs over 28,000 staff based across the UK.
Full time 37 hrs
What will you be doing?
* Administer and support the end to end processes to deliver ECO-qualifying measures and to ensure measures are notified and approved as part of British Gas' overall obligation, across all channels.
* Support the processing of in-month reported measures through the EcoHub system, ensuring measures are validated against all the automated and manual checks.
* Assist in the notification to Ofgem E-Serve of all reported measures in the month following their installation, resolving any issues that arise in the process, either through internal activity or in liaison with external delivery partners.
* Progress claims to a stage where invoices can be raised and payments made.
* Support in the reconciliation of any repayments or ad hoc arrangements that need to be fulfilled. Where applicable, maintain controls and cross checks to ensure the internal view of delivery, on a measure basis, is consistent, accurate, and a good source of data for KPI reporting on ECO Delivery.
* Where applicable, use complex SQL, excel and database queries to support all MI requests that require interrogation of our ECO data.
* Assist with the production of reports demonstrating performance across channels and delivery partners.
* To be great in this role.... Knowledge in blue chip consumer marketing businesses, preferably operating within a regulatory environment.
* Understanding of the ECO arrangements.
* Experience in carrying out audit, controls and/or compliance activities in a regulated retail organisation.
* Experience in optimising and improving end to end processes to drive efficiencies.
* Comprehension of compliance and assurance methodologies. Able to articulate ideas and proposals clearly in writing and verbally. SQL / VBA would be an advantage.
* Self-motivated, proactive, passionate, flexible, able to work quickly and under pressure.
Candidates will ideally show evidence of the above in their CV in order to be considered.
Please be advised if you haven't heard from us within 48 hours then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion, we may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.
Pontoon is an employment consultancy and operates as an equal opportunities employer.
Posted 1 week ago