Job Profile SummaryRole Synopsis
• To advise on, manage and communicate policy risk and opportunity to BP Group on natural climate solutions public policy and related external developments and societal trends, including recommending appropriate positions, assurance processes, responses and partnerships.
• To develop effective positions, assurance processes, responses and partnerships that meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
At bp, we provide great environment & benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life & health insurance, medical care package, and many others benefits! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Reinvent your career as you help our business meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!
Job AdvertKey Accountabilities
• Subject Matter Expert for all policy and partnerships relating to natural climate solutions
• Owns development of new NCS public policy positions and partnerships
• Coordinates natural climate solutions inputs to wider group policy development, strategy, NCS aims and sustainability frame
• Owns relationships with key external and internal natural climate solutions stakeholders
• Provide expert advice, analysis and support for policy & advocacy activity in related businesses and group teams as well as the bp leadership team
• Tracks development of issues of relevance to bp (re natural climate solutions) at a global level and assess risks and opportunities from specific emerging public policy, legislative or regulatory instruments.
• Supports and engages with bp commercial businesses delivering NCS carbon offset projects and investments.
• Manages ongoing relations with the WBCSD NCS Alliance.
• Representing the company during engagement with key external stakeholders,and managing some of those relationships.
• Delivering and coordinating the delivery of high-quality products and activities (including meetings, briefs and presentations), appropriate for bp executive and board members and senior external stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) or higher in environmental science, engineering or policy
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
• Significant proven policy development & analysis expertise
• Expert knowledge of natural climate solutions regulatory frameworks
• Substantial experience influencing and building effective internal and external partnerships
• Advanced communications skills
• Stakeholder management experience
• Risk assessment experience (policy/reputation)
• Strong understanding of bp business & strategy
• Experience working on NCS for a large private-sector organisation
• Experience working on sustainability policy issues for a large private-sector organisation
• Ability to understand and assimilate large amounts of information on global policy trends and communicate salient points in a brief and compelling way to senior managers.
• Ability to build productive internal working relationships, to work in partnership on developing and communicating BP positions.
Click here for more information on bp's recently announced aims and more detail on Aim 18: championing nature based solutions!
EntityStrategy & Sustainability
Job Family GroupStrategic Planning & Business Development Group
Travel requiredYes - up to 25%
Time TypePart time
CountryUnited Kingdom, United States of America
About BPSTRATEGY & SUSTAINABILITY
If you’re a sustainability focused strategic thinker, this could be for you: The purpose of strategy & sustainability is to define a value-adding, sustainability-led strategic direction for us to deliver on our ambition of reimagining energy for people and our planet. Working within S&S, you will be embedded in the centre of the organisation bringing together strategy, sustainability and capital allocation into a group-wide framework and promoting ethics and compliance across the organisation.
Join us and help us achieve our purpose through:
A modern, dynamic and collaborative approach to strategy, sustainability and capital allocation – you will work with the businesses, finance and the broad organisation to support the delivery of our ambition, our aims and our financial aspirations. Together we will help frame and make the optimal trade-offs and choices for us.
A lens on sustainability as a competitive advantage – you will drive sustainability to unleash new business opportunities, growth and value to us.
Proprietary bp insights – you will focus on developing a distinctive understanding of global economics, energy markets, customer needs and competitors to support our businesses and strategy.
Proactive shaping of external policy – you will define where our company stands on matters of public policy – in line with our aims – as well as how we can contribute to proactively shape the external environment across regions.
Strategic oversight of our carbon management activities – you will coordinate and drive progress on our net zero ambition and aims.
Effective ethics and compliance as a driver of organisational and business sustainability – you will support our bp business groups and other entities in promoting an ethical culture and work environment, and effective compliance risk management.
Enabling our company and its businesses to achieve their goals – where our organisation holds expertise, we will use it collaboratively and constructively.