Job Profile SummaryResponsible for delivering performance and planning integration and coordination activities using highly advanced technical capabilities, such as driving standardisation and continuous improvements to business planning processes, contributing to strategic development, providing support to Finance and regional leadership teams and delivering central coordination of regional business and financial reviews.
Job AdvertPlanning & Financial MI Advisor
Do you want to join a company whose aim is to make a real difference to the sustainability of our planet? BP is on a journey to transform our business to do just that. It won’t be straight forward and there will be challenges along the way, we are up for it, are you?Role Synopsis:
The Group Planning & FMI (‘P&FMI’) team is a key part of the Central P&FMI team, a key team within the PPM organization. The Group team is responsible for reporting the Group’s Financial MI to the bp LT and ultimately the bp Board. The financial MI prepared is key to helping the bp LT understand how the organization is progressing versus the targets shared externally at bp week. The integration with the other PPM teams is key in ensuring a transformation of the PPM organization to a nimbler and more agile team.
The Group results are a consolidation of the various Business Groups and Other elements (OB&C, Tax, Treasury, Deepwater Horizon etc) and the Group P&FMI team works closely with each of the Business Groups to understand ongoing performance through the GFR and GFO processes.
This role is within Group P&FMI team. The overall team is responsible for providing management information, ranging from quarterly updates of in year Financial Performance, to supporting Stock Exchange Announcements and various other management information requests. This team is also responsible for leading the Group Planning process, which is performed annually, to gather the long-term shape of the business.
This role supports the key process within the team from the GFR, GFO processes as well the Latest Estimate process. It also covers other key elements from reporting of key performance metrics to supporting the planning process. A key element of this role will be to support the digitization and automation of the key processes in the Group team.Key Accountabilities:
- Group Performance Reporting covering the following key areas, ensuring a strong understanding of the key variances and insightsSupport the GFR process – GFR consolidation, assurance and variance analysis, proof points for investor relations
- Support the GFO and GPR processes – Understand key movements and variances, maintain the key dashboards and reports
- Latest Estimate process – coordinate and consolidate the Group submissions to produce a report for the CFO
- Maintain, review, and improve our Power Bi reports and dashboards
- Support preparation of material for the Group Performance Reviews
- Support preparation of Board material – CEO report, Board presentations
- Adhoc analysis as and when it arises – Share buybacks, Debt analysis etc
- Educated with a University Degree
- Professional accounting qualification – ACA, CIMA etc
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Strong accounting and financial reporting background
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills to enable effective teamwork and ability to influence people at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent prioritisation skills and ability to work to tight deadlines when necessary
- Numerate, detail orientated with a strong eye for accuracy and precision
- Good working experience of performance management
- Strong knowledge of Power Bi or other visualisation tools
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Job Family GroupFinance Group
Travel requiredNegligible travel
Time TypeFull time
Join us in a crucial time of transition. We are bringing all of our finance and procurement activities for the group into one place, enabling better work.
For you this means working with us on:Compliance
– efficiently delivering external reporting requirements to ensure we continue to meet our regulatory obligations in all jurisdictions, supported by robust control environment across all three lines of defence.Stewardship
– laying out a robust finance framework and providing ongoing management of the balance sheet and portfolio execution, supported by effective advocacy to the market.Performance
– facilitating the effective allocation of capital, development of business plans and coordination of business performance interventions to ensure a consistent delivery between strategic aspirations, operational forecasts and delivered outcomes. Furthermore, you will be responsible for value creation through mergers and acquisition-led deals, commercial negotiations and integration of business opportunities.Transformation
– driving digital transformation (centralising, digitising, optimising) across all elements of the finance entity to achieve sector-leading cost-performance.