Job Profile SummaryReporting to the POM – NS & Angola (squad team) and the Discipline Led for Operations Readiness Planning (Discipline Team), the Operations Readiness Planner (ORP) is critical to moving the Planning and Scheduling Processes to a proven, advanced level of business deliverables. The Operations Readiness planner is a specialist planning role responsible for interfacing with the central operational readiness unit to ensure consistent delivery across all global projects. This role implements standardization of Project Operations readiness tools and practices.
Job AdvertThe priority for this position will be to run the plan and create specific to the North Sea & Angola projects on the way work is planned and scheduled.
There are currently multiple projects in the North Sea & Angola that the ORP planner will support, including subsea tiebacks, brownfield, and site projects. Key accountabilities
- Develop and document a detailed schedule of work for Operational Readiness Activities, ensuring that all detailed schedules interface and tie back to the Project Master Control Schedule (MCS).
- Develop interfaces across the squads and units to maintain a coherent and well-established Operational Readiness Schedule. Participate in schedule risk analysis.
- Prepare appropriate detail and summary project control schedules consistent with Project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Project Master Control Schedule (MCS).
- Compile progress reports for review on a weekly and monthly basis, including progress curves, completion estimates, Earned Value, etc. against targets. Manage the Regional Business Cadence (ie: meetings, reviews, etc)
- Manage Start-Up Requirements tool and run-down curve and facilitate conversations for Start-up requirements closure.
- Work alongside Operations Readiness planners from the Discipline to develop common tools and ways of working for brownfield and site projects, with focus on digitized tools
- Build Power BI reports for the Operations Readiness Plan
- Coordinate review of impacts of emergent work on planned activities.
- A degree qualified or individual with a demonstrable track record of a minimum of 5 years in a Planning & Scheduling role, with demonstrable experience of coaching of his/her team to get increased performance.
- Good Knowledge of both automated and manual project planning and scheduling techniques and programs, to include Excel and Primavera.
- Experience with implementing a planning and scheduling system.
- Fully proficient in the English language.
- Ability to make good business decisions.
- Experience of Primavera
- Experience of Power Bi
- Experience of ADO
- Experience of working in a multi-National culture.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate across all levels of organization, with discipline engineering, operations, supply chain, contractors, and shareholder companies.
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently to identify and set work priorities.
Other requirements: All candidates should have the right to work in UK.Why join our team?
We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to crafting an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, collaboration spaces in a modern office environment, and many other benefits!
Reinvent your career as you help our business meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!
EntityProduction & Operations
Job Family GroupOperations Group
Travel requiredNegligible travel
Time TypeFull time
About BPPRODUCTION & OPERATIONS
This is the place to truly drive change. Our people develop hydrocarbon resources, deliver projects, operate refineries as well as oil and gas production assets.
Join us and make a difference by:
• making our production and operations safer and more standardised
• driving quicker reduction of our carbon emissions
• growing cash returns and delivering improved reliability and optimisation
• maximising efficiency through sharing resources
• accelerating the digital transformation of our operating assets
• developing our people faster, leveraging the scale of P&O
• building greater integration and collaboration in service of our purpose