A new opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Fitter. Reporting into the Cold End Job Engineering Supervisor responsible for ensuring all preventative maintenance routines are completed, breakdowns are repaired in a timely fashion and facilitating the general smooth running of the inspection and packaging equipment in the cold end.
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
· To comply with all Food Safety Legislation communicated through the Hygiene Policy, the Quality System and Briefings.
· Ensuring that all work is carried out is in accordance with Health & Safety, operational procedures, and current UK legislation.
· Ensure all safety issues are dealt with and rectified immediately.
Production and Quality:
· Ensure all plant and equipment is regularly and properly maintained to deliver optimum performance using our preventative maintenance system (PEMAC), visual checks and routine inspections. This includes all preventative maintenance on Palletizers, shrinkwrappers, Shuttle cars, Inspection machines, ink jet printers, strapping machines, conveying lines, hot melt glue systems and labelling equipment.
· Work within a team of fitters, electricians and equipment specialists to ensure the smooth operation of the plant and optimum quality of production.
· Work with other engineering departments as required to ensure the overall efficiency of the plant.
· Overhaul and repair equipment and assemblies as necessary to ensure smooth running of the plant and availability of spare parts. This includes testing the machines or assemblies before putting them back in operation.
· Working from manufacturers drawings for part identification, tolerance settings and measurement verifications.
· Fault finding on machinery and reducing the risk of future breakdowns.
· To respond to and assist in mechanical breakdowns. In the event of breakdowns that directly affect production to ensure the repair is carried out quickly and efficiently and to the highest standard to ensure no reoccurrences.
· To inform shift personnel of any changes or problems that may arise as a result of work carried out during normal working days that could impact them while working on nights or at the weekends.
· To be aware of the value of parts used in day to day maintenance operations and help ensure the department works to target.
· Identify areas for maintenance improvements.
· Candidates should be qualified to NVQ level 3 in engineering maintenance or hold an equivalent qualification (City and Guilds, ONC, HNC, HND), in a similar discipline.
· Candidates should have a proven track record with practical experience of engineering fitting skills (Preferred)
· Candidates should be competent with fabrication/welding (ARC and MIG) and have a working knowledge of pneumatics.
· Use of Conventional machinery i.e. lathes/millers advantageous
· Basic Electrical Beneficial.
· Candidates should have experience working in a medium/large automated manufacturing operation and have experience working on the same or similar equipment detailed in the Main duties and responsibilities section.
· Ideally have FLT and MEWPS experience and training.
· Able to work independently on own initiative.
· Excellent fault finding skills.
· Team player and with 'can do' attitude.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
encirc offer a wealth of benefits which include:
Posted 2 weeks ago
Up to £31426.20 per annum + bonus