My client is looking for an expert Java Devops Developer. This is a 6 month contract and will be based remotely / London.
£700 - £750 p/d (INSIDE IR35)
Job Background/Context and Key Responsibilities:
The team is utilizing cutting edge technology to meet complex trader, supervisory and regulatory requirements and the demands of an increasingly electronic business.
The risk systems need to work at scale across Rates, FX, Equities, Commodities etc. The systems are large distributed systems based on micro services and stream processing. The team is using Kubernetes and cloud environments to scale as required with 10s of thousands of cores.
The systems are critical to the business so thorough automated testing and analysis is required.
The development position involves:
* Participation in a fast-paced Agile development process
* Development of high-quality software, emphasizing simplicity, maintainability and reuse
* Participation in code and design reviews
* Working proactively on diverse and innovative solutions
* Requirements analysis and capture, working closely with the business and business aligned teams to define solutions
* Good communication with support, other development and infrastructure teams
* Thorough testing including test automation and performance/load testing
* Contributing to architectural standards, development best practices, and promoting adherence to these standards
* Contributing to architectural and technical evolution of the parallel computation framework and APIs
* Risk/Pricing development teams in London, New York, Tokyo, Sydney etc
* Quant analytics development teams
* Traders and Desk/Business Heads
Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned developer with solid knowledge of Java and other languages. The candidate must be able to write clean efficient code to process high volumes of trade and market data in real-time.
* Strong programming skills - including concurrent, parallel and distributed systems programming
* Expert level knowledge of Java
* Knowledge of stream processing and big data technologies, particularly Samza, Kafka Streams, Flink, Spark, MapReduce etc.
* Investment Banking Experience is an advantage
* Knowledge of HTTP, ReSTful web services and API design
* Experience with messaging technologies
* Experience with Grid and Cloud computing
* Familiarity with databases particularly NoSQL e.g. MongoDB, Couchbase, etc.
* Experience with Kubernetes
* Good understanding of the Linux OS
Spring Technology acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.