THE ROLE We are looking for the right candidate with a "can do attitude", good team player, willingness to learn and thrive in the role. Someone who can work independently doing the tasks assigned, but also ensuring accuracy on the work is a priority. Attention to detail is key.
- Compliance duties
- Support Line Manager on assigned tasks.
- Support on Brexit project and Global Duty Drawback projects
- Support on compliance requirements for the implementation of new carriers
- Support on the implementation of new ways of working and processes across the Department
- Work with the wider team on the creation of department SOP's
- Reporting and data gathering for different areas of the department
- Vendor data management for classification of products.
- Work with the compliance coordinator on events and shipping documentation, daily US shipping process and reporting and daily Customer Care queries and reports
- Understanding of customs procedures, including export documentation requirements and ATA Carnet, Duty rates and Import duties
- Understanding of customs classification and tariff codes for clothing, footwear and clothing accessories would be an advantage, but full training will be given in this area if required
- An understanding of warehouse and logistics and arranging freight collections both UK and to/from International destinations working with multiple freight forwarders and couriers
- Knowledge of the international shipping terms (Incoterms)
- Strong attention to detail with a strives for excellence
- Ability to manage and coordinate changing priorities, understand 'what good looks like', and capable of planning and multi-tasking to complete assignments.
- Analytical approach to problem solving and excellent Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word skills.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a fast-paced operational environment individually and as part of a professional team
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.