Part Time - Human Resources Officer required to initially cover sickness for a minimum of four weeks, however, this will be continually reviewed on a week by week basis.
There is also potential for this post to be made permanent however this can't be promised at this moment. I will discuss this with you during the application process
Working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday - £11.50ph (£21,589 FTE)
Summary of Responsibilities
To provide HR advice and services to the Principal and across the college under the line management of the HR Manager.
- To maintain good employment practices by supporting managers in the application of the college's procedures and practices.
- To assist the HR Manager in the development of good practice in the area of HR management, as and when required, in order to comply with current employment law and best practice.
- To provide a comprehensive recruitment service including the preparation of advertisements, selection and interviewing arrangements, representation on interviewing panels and ensuring that the college's policies and procedures are observed.
- To undertake pre-employment checks and co-ordinate the induction programme for all new staff.
- To draw up contracts of employment as and when required.
- To provide advice and assistance to employees on conditions of service and other HR matters.
- To provide advice and monitor procedures relating to discipline, grievance and capability.
- To assist in developing and reviewing HR policies and procedures in accordance with legislation and College needs.
- To be responsible for administering the college's Appraisal Policy and Procedures, including providing advice to managers on the scheme, ensuring appraisals are performed when due, and monitoring its effectiveness.
- To be responsible under the guidance of the HR Manager, for the co-ordination and delivery of the annual staff training and development plan; and to monitor the staff development budget under the guidance of the HR Manager.
- To co-ordinate the administration of all HR systems/records/databases and produce statistical information where required.
- To pro-actively monitor staff absence, provide reports and co-ordinate the implementation of the College's Sickness Absence management procedures.
- To liaise with the College's Occupational Health provider and other external service providers as appropriate.
- To service the Joint Union Committee meeting.
- To co-ordinate staff events such as health and well-being initiatives and the Staff Summer party.
- To undertake any training and development deemed relevant to the post.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy