Think a role in the Army just means fighting on the front line? Think again. The Army has all kinds of roles available – from Movement Controllers helping get the right kit to the right people, in the right place, and at the right time, to Communications Transport Specialists that keep units in touch on the battlefield. When you join the Army you can reach heights you never knew existed and learn vital skills that’ll set you up for life.
There are so many roles you can explore in the Army. Help to keep our soldiers and their families fit and healthy by becoming a Nurse, or join as a Mapping & Planning Specialist where you’ll be mapping disaster relief plans or top secret environments. You could even be a Trainee Intelligence Analyst where you’ll collect information that could be vital to operations. Or, if you’d rather be in the heart of the action, there are our Infantry, Guardsman and Tank Crewman roles. Whatever you’re interested in doing, you’ll be trained by experienced soldiers who will do everything they can to help you to succeed. You’ll get fit, achieve real qualifications and do something that matters.
Find where you belong.
You’ll start with Basic Training (20 weeks at Harrogate for those aged 16 years 6 months to 17 years 5 months, 14 weeks at Pirbright for those aged 17 years to 35 years 6 months) or 28 weeks at Infantry Training Centre Catterick for those joining as an Infantry soldier. After that it’s on to your specialist training depending on the role you choose.
The Army will pay for you to gain valuable qualifications. Depending on your role, these could include:
- HGV licences
- NCQ and/or QCF Apprentice qualifications
- You could even work towards a Masters, BSc or BA
- Diplomas in a range of music subjects
- Assisted learning in medical specialities
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be behind you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. Right from the start of your training, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you could get promoted, which will mean more responsibility and extra pay.
Join us and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £15,600 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,000 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access to promotional opportunities and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS
You should be:
- Regular Army age: 16 – 35.6 years
- Army Reserve age: 17.9 - 49.11 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
- GCSE grade C/4 in English Language, Maths and Science/ICT
- No formal qualifications required for infantry
Interests you’ll have
- Sport and adventure
- Helping people
- Decision making & responsibility
- Outdoor activities
- Working outside
- Risks and adrenaline
Our next deadline for application is 31st April 2020, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG >