A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Systems Engineer to work full time at our client's site in Cambridge. The working hours are Monday to Friday 8.00am - 5.00pm paying between £22 - £25 per hour LTD, this is a temporary role until the end of October 2020.
**All candidates to be successful will be completion of our clients HORUS vetting scheme and an internal Drug & Alcohol test**
The Electrical Systems Engineer will manage Competent Person Isolation activities, Commissioning Documentation and logistics Planning for iBMS packages.
- Work with Skanska AP to arrange safe isolation of Electrical supplies
- Manage permit systems for safe working
- Create inspection and test plans for LV and ELV systems
- Work with commissioning engineers and Clients commissioning team to ensure successful handover and sign off of systems
- Monitoring the quality of project deliverables.
- Develop process flow charts for Logistics delivery and distribution
- Work with Design engineers to manage the scheduling of material for distribution and handover to Skanska or our Sub Contractors
- Work with planner to define resource requirements to meet delivery targets for projects and prepare labour histograms
- Work with design and installation managers to produce and update weekly progress trackers
- Monitor progress on a weekly basis against planned or estimated values and report to the Project Director
- Provide information for weekly dashboard reports
- Monitor delays and interruptions to progress and in conjunction with the Project Managers and ensure snags and blockers are identified on programmes
- Maintain high standards for personal and team Health, Safety and Environmental performance.
- Take personal pride in providing a quality service to customers (either internal or external) to achieve targets.
Skills and Experience
- Detailed knowledge of Electrical Regulations, testing and inspection
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Electrical Engineering systems and services
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and general knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
- Interpret plans, specifications and schematic diagrams.
- Hold a current CSCS Safety card
- At least 5 years' experience of working on large construction projects
- Experience of working in a Customer-focused environment and achieving target's
- Will be experienced in and ideally hold a recognised qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Excellent working knowledge of health, safety and environmental procedures and requirements.