In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring certainty into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
As specialists in the investment management sector, our Transaction Tax Advisory team has a broad range of experience tackling complex tax issues that span jurisdictions and tax codes. We offer a broad range of transaction tax advisory services that evolve as client needs develop. We provide expert tax advice to our clients, working collaboratively with legal counsel and local specialists where required.
We are currently looking for a Director to support our clients, develop tax services and help shape our culture and practice.
We offer you the opportunity to advance your business development skills as well as manage your own portfolio of clients seeking advice, within a work environment that offers variety and is challenging and rewarding. This is a technical, client facing role with the potential to hone a specialist field of technical knowledge and expertise is available.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Have technical and commercial oversight on tax due diligence projects for buy-side and sell-side transactions including the providing instruction to international tax counsel, and advise on pre-acquisition and post-acquisition tax structuring
- Provide a range of inbound and outbound tax advisory services, helping multinational companies align their tax strategies to their business
- Design and successful international tax structuring and planning
- Oversee advice on international tax issues including earnings repatriation, tax credit planning, cross-border mergers, financing, intangibles planning and worldwide tax management strategies
- Act as the primary senior point of contact within the practice for clients, responding to queries, anticipating requests, and maintaining regular contact with clients
- Undertake highly technical advisory projects with managing director support and guidance
- Be responsible for coaching, mentoring and counselling junior staff
- Develop a professional network proactively seeking and identifying new business opportunities that drives workflow to the group
- Work as part of a collaborative team adding to the team spirit
- Minimum 2:1 degree or international equivalent preferred
- 6-7 years PQE
- Qualified accountant (ACA) or lawyer, CTA qualified or Advanced Diploma in International Tax (ADIT) with extensive experience in UK tax
- Good understanding of the structure of hedge and private equity funds. Ideally has advised the manager, the fund, investment mandates and fund trading activities
- Knowledge of the international tax environment (DTAs / BEPS/ ATAD) and recent responses to anti-avoidance
- Knowledge of the broad domestic tax rules in critical EU jurisdictions such as Luxembourg and Netherlands plus US ECI and trade or business rules
- Proven expertise in tax matters and project oversight and management skills
- A strong work ethic and focus on personal excellence
- Ability to provide leadership and direction to team members
- Must be able to work productively in a high pressure environment and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate complex tax issues with non-tax persons
- Must be able to manage several simultaneous work streams.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.