Job Profile SummaryRole Synopsis
Architecture is a collaborative discipline, and it plays a critical role in the integration of our businesses. Architects connect all the digital disciplines and the consumers and procurers of IT, in order to create an integrated, flexible, effective IT architecture for bp.
- Subject matter expert with hands on experience in the technical configuration & management of enterprise class O365 tenants (Over 50K global users)
- A trusted global level administrator with good working knowledge of the entire O365 stack, including their interactions and use cases.
- Proven expertise in the management and analysis of group and profile-based tenant licensing, to maximise value in a cost-conscious environment.
- Experience and knowledge of updating settings and configuration using PowerShell scripting.
- Experience integrating O365 with 3rd party tools & software to enhance personal productivity and collaboration.
- Intimate knowledge & awareness of the O365 roadmap, and ability to rapidly translate this into customer specific benefit realisation and impact avoidance. Ability to partner with suppliers like Microsoft and influence product features and designs to meet customer needs.
- Understanding and awareness of security approaches for protecting data in O365 to meet cyber security requirements, and experience of working with the O365 security & compliance centre to meet legal and privacy requirements in a regulated environment.
- Practical experience deploying, evaluating, designing, and implementing products across the full O365 workload and recommending roll out strategies and approaches.
- Ability to translate business requirements to deliver change using O365 product sets and solutions, whilst evaluating and navigating impacts to a global customer base, cyber security controls and other underpinning services and technologies
- Experience and knowledge of MS Teams and the MS Teams admin centre, including creation of policies to meet the requirements of the service.
- Resolution ownership of technical challenges for O365 projects and the technical escalation point for implementation teams.
- Strong understanding of Multi-Cloud Services (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud), and Security and Compliance.
- Key competencies to include coaching, influencing senior stakeholders, managing time & priorities, conflict management, commercial awareness, excellent presentation delivery and technical writing
- Managing / partnering with vendor support teams to achieve goals and objectives
- Working with various service owners across the organization that own related elements, such as Identity management, directory services, developer platforms.
- Understanding and using available data to improve performance, influence roadmap, and effect decision making
- Architecture: You rigorously develop solution architectures, seeking practical solutions that optimize and re-use capabilities. You will care passionately about the integrity of the Digital capabilities you develop. You will be responsible for designing and building solutions that best meet the business needs and are aligned with the Digital strategy and roadmaps.
- Technology: You are an excellent technologist and have a passion for understanding and learning. You will contribute to digital transformation initiatives from an architectural perspective, facilitating the delivery of solutions. You will bring good hands-on skills in key technologies, and an ability to rapidly assess new technologies with a commercial mindset
- Safety and Compliance: The safety of our people and customers is our highest priority. You will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.
Job AdvertFORMAL EDUCATION
A Bachelor's (or higher) degree, ideally in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics, hard science, or equivalent work experience.
- A confirmed background in architecture with real-world experience of architecting, designing, and delivering transformational IT projects. You love envisaging the art of the possible and making that a reality.
- Deep-seated functional knowledge of key technology sets. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, getting involved, and diving into delivery challenges.
- Experience in being part of a tight-knit delivery team. You accomplish exceptional project outcomes in a respectful and supportive culture.
- A proven grasp of architecture development and design thinking in an agile environment. You adapt delivery techniques to drive outstanding project delivery.
- The ability to relate complex topics in simple and accessible language.
- Requirements Definition and Management
- Solution Architecture
- Technical Specialism
- Systems Integration
- Data Analysis
- Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Systems Design
- User Experience Analysis
- Business Risk Management
- Capacity Management
- Network Design
- Service Acceptance
- Systems Development Management
- IT Strategy and Planning
- Business Modelling
Leadership & EQ
- You create an environment where people listen and speak openly about the good, the bad, and the ugly, so that everyone can understand and learn.
- You promote a culture of change and agility, evolve continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- You work across organizational boundaries and build high quality, trust-based relationships with leaders and employees within IT&S & the wider BP, applying cultural sensitivity.
- You apply judgement and common sense at scale.
- You comply with BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrate strong leadership of BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
EntityInnovation & Engineering
Job Family GroupIT&S Group
Travel requiredNegligible travel
Time TypeFull time
About BPINNOVATION & ENGINEERING
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working with us, you can do this by:
• deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
• driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
• collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
• originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
• protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because together we are:
• Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
• Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs
• Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive