Deputy Head of IT - Surrey - £40,000
A leading educational institute based in Surrey is currently recruiting for a Deputy Head of IT who will remain hands on technically requiring server, network and desktop knowledge. This role will be based across two sites and will be managing a team of roughly 8 staff who are split across both sites. The post holder will have a positive approach to change and a proactive attitude to effectively support the Head of IT Services with delivery of the department's strategy
* Proven supervisory experience with the ability to work in a team but give leadership where required
* Excellent understanding for the support of Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop technologies and share best practices such as in the in use of Active Directory
* 3rd line technical knowledge with excellent Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* MCSE qualification or equivalent experience.
* HP Networking experience including HP IMC monitoring tool
* Some experience using the following systems: Microsoft Windows Server, HP Networking, Microsoft SCCM, Windows 10 deployment.
* Support the Head of IT Services to formulate, maintain and deliver the ICT Strategic Plan, which will include the purchase, use and operation of IT and the setting and monitoring of service level agreements for network speed, IT maintenance and operation.
* Achieve agreed elements of the Group ICT Strategic Plan, targets and SLAs within the required budget and timescales.
* Supervise and direct the work of the IT Team and those on work experience, to include overseeing the daily schedules and workload of the IT team, scheduling the deployment of IT equipment, resources and staff (supervision, appraisals, probation supervision and direction of workload).
* Keep the Head of IT Services regularly updated on activity and escalate any concerns or issues to them in a timely manner as required.