I am recruiting for an experienced Customers Clearance Clerk based near Birmingham Airport; this is an exciting opportunity to work for a 'family feel' Logistics company where it is all about delivering the best customer service and they are offering a competitive salary for the right candidate.
My client is looking for a Customers Clearance Clerk who is experienced in all hands-on duties covering customs processing. Predominantly you will be responsible for the inputting of customs data for imported goods via ocean transport but experience and knowledge of ocean export and air import and export customs clearance would be ideal.
My client is a leading British logistics provider headquartered in Birmingham. They operate ocean freight and air freight services with a portfolio of inbound and outbound clients.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT ARE YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Liaising with customers
- Advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters
- Calculate and process duties and taxes
- Understand and correct HMRC generated messages
- Input details onto specialised customs software
- Allocate the correct licence depending on type of goods being imported
- Prepare the necessary import documentation such as certificates of origin and cargo control documents
- Communicate with haulier and EU based transport operations
- Liaise with officials in various agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs or quarantine
- Raise customs documentation to ensure the freight can move from country to country
- Collate all documents and distribute them to customers and carriers, as required
- Prior to the release/delivery of cargo:
- Ensure accurate and correct documentation in place and sense checked
- Secure the payment of cleared funds for:
- COD accounts.
- Duty/Vat invoices.
- Live within an easy commute of Birmingham Airport and a driver due to the location
- Knowledge of the customs process following Brexit
- Experience of the Customs Clearance process, laws and regulations are essential
- Experience working within logistics/fright forwarding would be ideal
- Experience of ocean import customs clearance requirements and processes
- Experience of Ocean Export and Air Import and Export customs clearance requirements and processes would be beneficial
- Experience in the creating of, checking of and processing of all relevant importation OR exportation documentation
- A clear understanding of how duty/VAT is calculated
- Understands when duty is applicable or should be reduced and the documents required to obtain the reduction.
- The ability to complete CFSP/Home Use/IP/OP entries
- The ability to prioritise a large number of tasks to ensure accuracy and deliver results with great attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Salary negotiable dependant on experience
- 28 days including Bank Holidays
- Free Car Parking
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv and call Adam on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***
Posted 6 days ago
Solihull, West Midlands
dependent on experience