Job Profile SummaryRole synopsis
At bp, we're striving to meet the growing global demand for safe, sustainable and affordable energy. A career in Innovation & Engineering is an opportunity to help shape the future of bp. As part of the team, you’ll create a more efficient business that makes the best possible use of all it's resources as we transform our operating assets in pursuit of our net zero ambition. You’ll also help to develop hydrocarbon resources, delivering progressive projects and growing your talent in all kinds of new and exciting ways within the operational heart of bp.
Innovation & Engineering (I&E) is one of bp’s new business groups and is positioned to be an engine for innovation across bp. It will play a key role in redefining bp into a successful, financially resilient low carbon company. Within I&E, the Applied Sciences (AS) teams will apply science, in combination with engineering, digital and commercial capabilities from across I&E, to create profitable low carbon solutions that the world needs.
Architecture solves big complex challenges with our data and technology expertise to help BP advance a lower carbon future. We collaboratively work together to meet our customer’s needs. Architects connect all the digital disciplines and the consumers and procurers of technology, to create an integrated, flexible, effective digital architecture for bp.
CRM architect is a new role in the Digital Customer and Markets (DCM) team, where we deliver digital solutions to engage with our customers, create efficiencies and support new business.
WHY YOU MATTER?
A technologist at-heart are passionate about planning and building robust networks, at scale, supporting constantly evolving business models and consumer grade services. You empower and inspire teams to deliver value, stay ahead of new technologies and integrate those technologies into a flexible and consumer centric services. The choices you make will define our architectures, standards, and solutions we will use to interconnect our people and digitize our businesses!
You believe that delivering leading technology solutions, at scale and at pace, depends on deep understanding of application design patterns, and fostering effective frameworks for managing technology across the organization. You are a strategic thinker, able to plan for the future but with a bias for short-term action. You will operate in a dynamic and delivery focused environment, with the resources of one of the world's most forward-thinking digital teams. You are confident and comfortable working across cultures.
- Team: You directly influence product and service design. You will play an integral role in building API design skills and capability within BP. You will not just lead, but you will "do". Our culture is exploring, thinking and doing, and you will live this every single day.
- Architecture: You understand capabilities to build out end to end customer relationship management and develop common patterns and reference architectures for architecture of these services.
- Relationships: You will understand the needs of the different parts of our business, product teams, and our key technology ecosystems, building strong relationships both inside and outside of bp. You will serve as a key link between the Salesforce Platform, Data Platform and Product teams. You will influence Platform roadmap both working with the external vendor and within bp’s internal team.
- Technology: You have a passion for understanding and learning. You will bring good hands-on skills in architecting, designing, and building application and services, and an ability to rapidly assess new CRM related services with a commercial mindset.
- Evangelist: You will be the CRM evangelist for DCM, selling the different opportunities that can help us build a seamless customer experience across our core technology stacks.
Job AdvertFormal education
A Bachelor's (or higher) degree, ideally in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics, hard science, or equivalent work experience.Essential skills
Leadership & eq:
- 10+ years hands on experience in architecture, design, and deployment of industry leading customer centric/service digital products on Salesforce and related technologies.
- 2 or more projects leading Salesforce implementation at an Enterprise level with integration to Oracle, SAP, Workday etc.
- Participation in each phase of full Salesforce.com lifecycle implementations
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of Salesforce offerings. You accomplish exceptional delivery outcomes in a respectful and supportive way.
- Champion and advocate for the customer - you will be the voice of the customer and will have to coordinate between various teams across Salesforce and other cloud native technology stacks like AWS to drive awesome customer experience.
- Proven experience in developing technology strategy for CRM capabilities that span beyond Salesforce.
- Strong technical foundation: advanced structured programming (APEX, Force.com, Java), relational database concepts and structures, structured system analysis and design methods.
- A confirmed grasp of software development and design thinking in an agile environment. You understand and advocate continuous delivery pipelines and DevOps. Hands on experience in delivery using CI/CD pipelines is a big plus.
- Solution architecture experience in building out digital capabilities beyond the core stack for Marketing, Sales or Service areas is a big plus.
- You create an environment where people listen and speak openly, so everyone can understand and learn.
- You promote a culture of change and agility, evolve continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- You work across organizational boundaries and build high quality, trust-based relationships with leaders and employees within innovation & engineering and the wider BP, applying cultural sensitivity.
- You apply judgement and common sense at scale.
- You comply with bp's Code of Conduct and demonstrate strong leadership of bp's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviors.
Nice to have :
EntityInnovation & Engineering
Job Family GroupIT&S Group
Travel requiredNegligible travel
Time TypeFull time
About BPINNOVATION & ENGINEERING
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working with us, you can do this by:
• deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
• driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
• collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
• originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
• protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because together we are:
• Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
• Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs
• Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive