- Who we are: We’re a group of digital, data, brand, betting, finance and platform technology specialists, who are also racehorse owners and breeders. We’re passionate about the sport of racing and are determined to bring the industry together to secure the future of the Tote.
- What we do: We have acquired the UK Tote (initially as a joint venture with Betfred, with total ownership planned). We aim to revitalize and grow this well-known and loved sporting brand.
- Our vision: To build a global, multi-channel pools betting platform that thrills and entertains our customers through a world-class, purpose-led brand.
- Our investors: We’re backed by people across horse racing who own and train over 1000 horses worldwide and are committed to securing racing’s finance for generations to come through a revitalized Tote.
About the Role
Working as part of a small team, you’ll be responsible for the output of all Tote content, including news, social media and technical.
Whilst being highly organised and able to manage a multi-channel content calendar, you’ll also be brilliantly creative and able to create content that informs, motivates and engages within brand guidelines.
With a hands-on knowledge of SEO, you’ll help drive traffic to Tote’s digital properties through compelling editorial that applies keyword research. Where necessary, you’ll be able to brief and manage third-party content providers.
You’ll be capable of working under pressure, managing our social media channels both proactively and reactively. You’ll have a solid understanding of how to tailor content for channel conventions and have experience in managing influencers.
This role will involve working outside of normal office hours to support the business around key events.
You will be required to work outside normal working office hours.
You’ll be someone who lives and breathes horse racing. You’ll be passionate about brilliant digital marketing and constantly pushing the boundaries of great content.
- 3+ years’ experience in a content and social media role or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing third parties and briefing agencies
- Highly creative with experience in the conception and delivery of content campaigns
- Strong understanding of SEO and keyword research
- Experience working with content management systems (Wordpress/Contentful)
- Knowledge of content marketing principles and how content impacts at each stage of the funnel
- Experience managing social media channels reactively for brands
- Experience of managing social influencer programmes
- Experience managing multiple projects and stakeholders against fixed deadlines
- Comfortable working cross-functionally e.g. with CRM, design and product
- Experience creating content and social media performance reports
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Comfortable in-front of camera and/or creating audio content
- Technical SEO knowledge