A new opportunity has arisen for a Batch and Furnace General Operator, reporting into the Batch and Furnace Manager. To assist in all duties required to ensure the safe and efficient running and maintenance of the day-to-day operations in the batch plant and furnace areas.
· Comply with Encirc health & safety and hygiene policies, operational procedures and regulations, including wearing the relevant PPE and being correctly attired at all times.
· Ensure all personnel operating in the area adhere to the stated PPE requirements and all delivery drivers adhere to the relevant offloading procedures, recording and reporting all HSE incidents to the Batch & Furnace Manager.
· Monitor physical condition of both furnaces and all associated equipment on a daily basis, carrying out maintenance works and repairs when required, in order to optimise operations and ensure furnace integrity.
· Carry out daily routine activities in back yard and batch plant area as instructed in a timely manner.
· Flag up maintenance requirements and inform of any major issues to the Batch & Furnace Manager.
· Log and monitor control system data, identifying trends and fault codes during the process, notifying the appropriate function and taking the necessary action to ensure continuous flow of glass.
· Ensure quality, continuous supply and correct storage of incoming raw materials.
· Keep work areas clean and tidy after work is completed, in accordance with housekeeping standards.
· Knowledge and understanding of FLT and shovel operations.
· Process control knowledge.
· Technical engineering background is desirable.
· Experience working in a furnace control room or in a hot environment is desirable.
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
· Ability to communicate and maintain good working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
· Attention to detail.
· High quality standards.
For further information about the role contact Anne Oxton -
Posted 5 days ago
Up to £21669.70 per annum + bonus