Aviation Groundcrew Specialist – Army Air Corps
Apache gunships. Wildcat helicopters. Worldwide deployments. Without you, our air operations can’t happen. As an Aviation Groundcrew Specialist, you’ll be an essential part of the Army Air Corps. You’ll work with some of the world’s leading aircraft to keep our ground forces safe, deliver firepower to the battlefield, overwhelm the enemy and protect vulnerable communities around the world. Helping aircraft land, refuelling tanks, re-arming weaponry and getting them back in the air, your work is of first and foremost importance to getting your team’s job done. As a fundamental part of the ultimate ‘pit team’, you’ll build bonds like no other with the Pilots and other Groundcrew.
No matter where you come from or what you’ve done before, we’ll spot your potential and turn it into something life-changing. With world-class training and ongoing development opportunities – like advanced apprenticeships and degree-level certificates – you’ll become one of our most important assets, build an impressive career, travel the world and do yourself proud.
Join us and you’ll start by learning the soldiering skills common to every member of the British Army, like outdoor survival and the safe handling of weapons. After this, you’ll begin your basic Groundcrew and Communication training. This will give you a taste of these two specialisms, so you can decide if you want to be a Groundcrew Specialist or Communication Specialist. You’ll also learn how to drive a car (Cat B) and Light Goods Vehicle (Cat C+E), how to prepare helicopters for missions and how to marshal and load aircraft.
The Army can help you gain a range of qualifications. These could include:
- Advanced Apprenticeship - Aviation Groundcrew Specialist
- Higher Apprenticeship - Aviation Operations Manager
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Logistics Operations
- Degree level 4 & 5 Certificates and Diplomas in Management and Leadership from the industry recognised Chartered Management Institute and Institute of Leadership and Management
- Level 3, 4 and 5 Awards, Certificates and Diplomas in Education and Training
SHOW PEOPLE WHAT YOU’RE CAPABLE OF
We'll be behind you every step of the way as you move up the ranks. Right from the start of your training, you’ll get the support and encouragement you need to make a success of your career. Work hard and you could get promoted, which will mean more responsibility and extra pay.
Become an Aviation Groundcrew Specialist and you’ll:
- Earn a starting salary of around £15,985 during Basic Training which will rise to £20,400 after completing 26 weeks’ training or after completing your Initial Trade Training, if less than 26 weeks.
- Receive subsidised accommodation and facilities, increasing your disposable income
- Receive free medical and dental health cover
- Have the continuous access promotional opportunity and to continually progress your career
- Be sponsored to earn valuable civilian-recognised qualifications
- Take part in Adventurous Training and be able to play your favourite sports.
BELONG TO SOMETHING THAT MATTERS
You should be:
- Regular Army age: 16.6 – 35.6 years
- Army Reserve age: 17.9 - 49.11 years
Qualifications you’ll need:
- Mid-thigh pull of 118kg
- Medicine ball throw of 3.1m
- 2km run in 11min 15 sec (11 min 30 sec for Junior Entry)
Interests you’ll have:
- Outdoor activities
Our next deadline for application is 31st March 2021, with further opportunities ongoing throughout the year.
FIND WHERE YOU BELONG >