Job Title - Area Manager
Location - Ashford, Kent
I currently have an exciting new role as an Area Manager working for a leading online retailer who strive to have a positive impact on their customers, small business and the economy.
About the candidate
If you have a quality focused, customer obsessed industry background which carries with it experience of working in a fast paced, ever changing and ambiguous environment (such as manufacturing, the military or engineering for example) we would love to hear from you!
As an Area Manager you will have responsibility for the day to day management of a Delivery Station, providing leadership to Shift Managers, Operations Supervisors Operations Assistant and Delivery Service Providers, managing external agency relationships and performance.
- As an Area Manager you will be overseeing the operation that focus on the delivery orders direct to the customers
- Support your team of Shift Managers and the operations leadership team in daily management of the delivery station, including allocating labour, leading meetings, assigning job duties, and communicating with internal and external suppliers, including agency management representatives and their drivers
- Working to KPI's such as Delivery on Time, First Time Delivery Success and Enhancing Customer Service
- Being obsessed by metrics and diving deep to find root causes quickly, to drive improvements
- Find practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality
- Ability to utilise exceptional problem-solving and communication skills to influence business and technical audience
- Provided day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems. Process and gather feedback
- Map business requirements, understand business process, study and analyse workflows, design solutions
- Degree Qualification or equivalent
- Have knowledge and experience in direct-to-customer fulfilment operations as well as excellent technical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions
- Be a forward thinker, with and ability to manage high levels of ambiguity and thrive to change
- Qualifications in Engineering, Operations, or related fields is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively and build partnership relationships with both agency management representatives and their delivery providers
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement with demonstrable problems solving skills and analytical skills
- Ability to work for different managers (my client move managers around to meet business needs and as their business grows you must adapt to changes in management)
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Willingness to work flexible schedules/shift/areas
If this sounds the perfect role for you and you have the correct skill set and qualifications, please do get in touch. Please email your CV to April.firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy